Getting started with Fios
What to expect during Fios installation
- The Fios technician will determine if any cables need to be installed and where they can be run on your property.
- The Optical Network Terminal (ONT) will be installed in your garage, basement or in any another inconspicuous place.
- The Fios technician will set up your router and add any necessary wiring and wall jacks.
- Your existing landline phone service will be transferred to the Verizon Fios network. There's no fee for this transfer, and your monthly charges won't increase.
- You'll receive one computer setup and Fios installation free of charge. An additional charge is incurred for multiple computers.
How to Use Fios
- After your Fios installation, the technician will show you how the equipment works.
- You'll receive a Verizon Fios Welcome Kit after the technician leaves that provides all the information you need.
Note: An adult (age 18 or older) must be present during the entire Fios installation